In writing MLA dissertation, there are many things that you need to know and it is essential that you learn about it so that you will never go wrong. You need to adhere with requirements when you write for your paper to be accepted.
So here are some MLA tips for you as a guide.
Writing Dissertation MLA
- Style manual choice: Professor leaves students some advice about style manual. Students need to use the manual so that they will know what to write. There will be available manuals for you and you need to know about it.
- Print Quality: You need to submit a dissertation MLA that is black with consistent margins. You can also include supporting documents like drawings, figures, tables, pictures and others. Your thesis will be published, so it must be clear.
- Typefaces: Students are allowed to use typefaces between ten to twelve points. On the other hand, since ten point appear to be small in some paper, twelve point is being preferred by many students. A condensed or smaller typeface can be used in tables. In addition, italics or underlining can be used for book titles, definitions and statistical symbols. For headings, it must be underlined if appropriate and it should not be italicized.
- Margins: For easy reading on your dissertation MLA, you need to have a proper margin. For left margin, you need to have 1 and ½ inches, which is the same with right margins; however, you should not have intrusion. For top margins, it should be 1 and ½-quarter inches with the exemption of your first page of Table of Contents, Acknowledgments, List of Figures, List of Tables, Every Chapter, Bibliography as well as Appendices. The margin of the bottom margin should be the same with the top margin.
- White space: Try to avoid over 2 inches of space if you will not write anything. For figures and tables, you need to leave 3 blank lines between the text and the table.
- Line spacing: For MLA format dissertation, you need to double-space it with exceptions to block quotations, appendix titles, chapter titles and headings. Column headings, footnotes, bibliography in MLA format, figure captions and figures, illustrations and tables are also exempted.
Start to write your MLA dissertation today while you still have much time. Do not start your dissertation if you do not have much time left because you cannot complete it on time.